- Alcohol/chewing tobacco and/or drugs are not allowed in the arena at all times.
- The Arena is a designated Smoke free environment at all times.
- An ice rental hour is defined as 50 minutes.
- Dressing room keys are available at the concession. Teams are responsible to keep dressing rooms locked.
- There should be adequate policing and/or supervision at all times within the Arena by the rental user groups.
- Parents are responsible and will be held accountable for the safety/conduct of their children.
- Team coaches & managers will be held responsible for any misconduct or damages to property incurred by their players or spectators accompanying their team while they are in the arena.
- No horse play in the dressing room as teams will be responsible for any injury/damages that may occur.
- Players must stay off the ice until the Ice Resurfacer has left the ice and the back rink door is shut.
- No one except the team trainer, manager, coach, arena staff, or medical personnel are allowed on the ice without skates.
- Teams must leave the dressing rooms reasonably clean within 25 minutes after the finish of a game or practice.
- The A’nowara’ko:wa Arena will not be responsible for any thefts, intentional injury and/or
- damages to anyone or to personal property while in the Arena or Arena property.
- The Arena is not available to be rented on Designated Holidays, as specified in the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Policy.
- In the event of problems occurring with the operation of this facility contact the
- A’nowara’ko:wa Arena Maintenance Personnel on duty or the Arena at (613) 936-1583
- Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
The A’nowara’ko:wa Arena is scheduled to open on Monday, April 16, 2018 for the spring and summer season. The arena will be available to serve athletes and community members through lacrosse games, practices, and tournaments, in-line rock & skate, Pickle Ball, the Tewa’a:ra’ton Festival, Energy fair, Country Fest Fair, Akwesasne International Powwow, and community activities and meetings, to name just a sample of what’s scheduled this spring and summer.
The arena staff greatly appreciates the work Tehotiiennawakon staff has done to confirm Canada 150 funding, and an Ontario legal gaming and ADEF grant, which has assisted us financially in the purchase of a new scoreboard, road side sign, historical markers, a new concession stand, two new chillers, and a bike path which construction will begin for this summer. Also the MCA Community Health Program is renovating a room into a fitness room for the community. Thank you all for your contributions to our community arena.
The arena now has video surveillance inside and outside of the facility, for the safety and security of the facility and the community.
The arena needs all clients and guests to move cautiously around facility and grounds, due to renovation and construction that will continue throughout the spring & summer season. Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you back to our arena.
Appreciation to MCA departments, especially DTS & Finance for their assistance in making sure the Canada 150 project gets completed and goes smoothly. Thank you.